Sunday, October 12, 2008

Personal Growth and Accomplishments




This week I broke down and started to work on some of my building projects. I need to have 13- 4'x4' panels built for the sheep for this winter and I need 3 to 4 mangers / hay feeders. Mary and Button are due at the end of November, so I have to get going on the panels for their lambing pens and their hay feeder. I made one useable prototype feeder and 4 panels (I need 4-5). I am really proud of myself. I did this all with a hand saw, a drill, and a hammer. I predrilled almost all of the holes first as well. "Dear" was gone most of the week, so this was my project. It feels so good to create something useful, especially since the process is pretty new to me.
(The manger photos were taken inside the large building that needs to be re-roofed. Also, a small plastic bin will fit into the base of the manger to cut down on hay waste.)

2 comments:

The Portens said...

I'm impressed Amber, your talent knows no end! ~Lori

Anonymous said...

Awe, that's so sweet. It is amazing what we women can accomplish when our husbands are out of town, though. I still have to put his tools away ;)