Friday, May 28, 2010

Just sheared


We were able to get our sheep sheared.  I have lots of fleece sorting to do the next couple of weeks so I can send off the fleece orders I have and get the rest ready for sale.  So far, all of the colored fleece and one white one is sold.  There are 7 other white ones and one suffolk hamp cross to sell.  The white merinos will be micron tested and sold for $27 a pound (sorted into locks, not just skirted) and the suffolk is $5 a pound (as pictured, just skirted).  Suffolk is a downy, medium wool.  It works great as quilt batts.  I have 3 suffolkX that I am sending to be turned into batts for either comforters or quilts. The quilt batts should run:
crib $10
twin $15
Queen $30
King $45
Comforter batts will be double that price because they have double the wool.

The suffolkX for sale has a very long staple and many colors.  I will post pictures of the other fleece, but here is the suffolkX and the 3 batts (the rolled ones) I am sending for processing.


No comments: