Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Knitting update

Locks from 2 of my merinos. The brown is a 16.7 micron. I have not tested the white, but it is finer than the brown. The white will be spun and died orange for a sweater I am looking forward to doing soon.

I am finally ready to begin the v-neck part of this sweater. It is looking really nice. I think it would make a great tank dress for one of the girls, but I am putting 3/4 sleeves on it and it is made for me. Sorry girls.


This is the yarn I am going to use for my next sweater project. I am going to ply this 2-ply with another 2-ply so it is the right diameter yarn. It is 100% merino Baltic roving from Ashland Bay and I spun it very fine and plied it once only to find out that it needs another 1/3 in thickness to be able to make my next project.


No comments: