Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas was good to me


I have been saving for a Polar 800CX and I found one for a great price from an authorized Polar seller on Amazon. I wore it for barn chores yesterday and it gave me a graph of what my heart did during the chores. It also listed how long my heart rate was in various training zones and how many calories I burned. 53% of the time was spend at 70-79% of my max heart rate and I burned 204 calories. I could see on the graph how long it took my heart to react when I did something strenuous, like haul 80lbs of corn on a sled.
So many neat gadgets out there. I will have my first run with the watch today.
It is so cold here that many vehicles are having difficulties, ours included. This morning it was 20 below. I do not think it has gotten over 0 in 4 days.

No comments: