Friday, January 15, 2010

Frogging, Running, and Venting

KNITTING
I decided to quit vacillating and make a decision. I frogged my Wisteria sweater. It was a perfect fir for my hips and waist, but the bust was too small. I am in the process of redoing it using 1 size larger for the top, adding a bunch more decreases for the waist and doing the same size for the bottom.

I am also spinning the yarn for Oblique and altering that pattern as well.

(photo by Veronik Avery with Genevieve as the model)



This is a free pattern offered by Knitty and made by Veronik Avery. I will do the same as the Wisteria, a larger size on the top and a smaller size on the bottom. I will also knit it in the round because all of that matching up seams looks like a pain to me. I may have to stitch a seam in it after it is knit to add some structure, but that will be easy enough. I have also read that many people thought the arms were way too long, so I will pay close attention to that as I knit it.

WORKING OUT
Now for the watch update. I have run a few times with this watch already and uploaded the data to Pro trainer 5 and I really like it. I can tell I am getting better. One of the biggest challenges in exercise is to know how hard you can push yourself. By watching The Biggest Loser, I know I can push myself pretty hard, but I still wonder about how to push myself effectively. My goal is to be able to run faster and farther. Weight loss is always secondary. If I accomplish the first, then the second will happen.
Since I am not very good at stretching out, I decided I had to sign up for a Pilates class. I actually love Pilates,but getting myself to take the time and do it is another thing entirely. I am very excited to start this class and triply excited because #2 daughter and my closest friend will be taking it together. I tried to get a few others to join because I think it would be fun if we all got together and did it, but everyone has such varied schedules.

BARN
The animals are wet in the barn. All of the moisture from them and the lack of air circulation is making a very damp environment. We open a few top doors, but this does not seem to take care of the problem, it helps a lot, though. All of our windows that are not covered are cracked as well. I think next year we will have to take all of the siding off so the rest of the windows can be opened. We may also have to shear in December because less fleece will help cut down on the moisture and make it a much healthier environment for them all. We may break down and put a fan in there to help ventilate it durring the day.

No comments: