Friday, September 9, 2011

More construction projects


A couple of weeks ago I stopped at the local home design store to ask if they knew anyone who could do small construction projects on a house.  They gave me 2 names and I got a hold of one of the guys.

 So far, going to the design center was the best thing to do.  We got a guy who has a great work ethic, cleans up after himself, shows up on time, and knows how to do what I need him to do.  I am pretty pleased.  It isn't cheap, but he is $25 an hour cheaper than the guys who work for the design center. 

We now have a
1.front entry walk- in closet framed in
2. bathroom to be framed in with a hall linen closet 
3. the entire North West wall of the first floor has another wall right next to the old wall (now we have 7.5" thick walls) 
4. the back wall of the living room is closed up better
5.  He took out and covered a window in the kitchen, 2 windows in the front entry, and a window that was in where the bathroom is going to be. 
All of that was done this week.  I will call him back when our doors and windows come in (should be 2 weeks). 
Total, (including materials) the bill is $1,200.  We are paying cash for these projects, so it takes a little while to get it all done.  We start and stop for a bit and then start again.  Maybe I will have sheet rock before next year.   

No comments: