Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wonder Years and Amazon Prime

I went to my Amazon page this afternoon and this was greeting me:

Dear Customer,


I have big news for Amazon Prime members - we've just signed a deal with FOX to add a broad selection of movies and TV shows to our unlimited instant streaming service later this fall. The new additions from the FOX library include 24, Arrested Development, The X-Files, Ally McBeal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and - available on digital video for the first time - The Wonder Years. We now have deals with CBS, NBCUniversal, Sony, and Warner Bros, and adding FOX will bring the total to more than 11,000 movies and TV shows available for unlimited instant streaming.


Since launching earlier this year, we have now doubled the number of titles available in Prime instant videos, and there's still more to come. Prime membership remains $79 a year, and of course features our unlimited free two-day shipping on millions of products. Prime is one of the best values anywhere.

I loved the Wonder Years and never thought I would see it again because all of the issues with the music...you'll have to look that up, but here it is.  Very exciting.  We don't have cable, can't get satellite, and only receive 2 television channels, so I rely on the Internet for my TV viewing (which I do a lot while I knit, spin, and process wool).  Amazon, to me, is a much better deal than Hulu Prime.  I watch Hulu, but I won't pay for prime.  It is more expensive than Amazon and Hulu Prime did not filter out adds, so you still have to sit through commercials.  Amazon also has a lot of BBC productions that I love (Bleak House, Pride and Prejudice) and tons of movies (IP man and Ong Bok are even on there).  So, I am loving Amazon.  I also do the Bing rewards thingy, so I get $5 a month in Amazon gift cards which almost pays for the membership.  Neato!

No comments: